SVP, Credit Review Senior Officer I
Credit Review Senior Officer - Wholesale (FCR Reviewer) Global Risk Review (GRR)
provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Board of Directors and Committees of Citigroup and Citibank, NA, to the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management and regulators as to the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and Independent Risk Management to identify, monitor, mitigate and control current and emerging risks.
GRR is comprised of the following independent review functions:
- Fundamental Credit Risk (FCR)
- Confirmation of Basel Review and Analysis (COBRA)
- Collateral Risk Review (CRR)
The Credit Review Senior Officer - Wholesale is responsible for independently managing all aspects of his or her assigned Review Entities. Responsibilities include execution of Business Monitoring and Reviews in accordance with the FCR Manual, monitoring and evaluation of Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank, and Citi Commercial Bank portfolios, strategies, and credit risks, assessment of the effectiveness of credit risk management of assigned businesses, proposal of pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues, and maintaining ongoing contact with a Review Entity's management through continuous Business Monitoring and corrective action follow-up where applicable. Key responsibilities:
- Management of regional FCR Review Entities through quarterly Business Monitoring and periodic Reviews
- Assessment of the quality of assigned portfolios and relationships, including identification and evaluation of emerging risks
- Assessment of the quality and adequacy of credit analysis and exposure analysis as well as accuracy and appropriateness of risk ratings and classifications of corporate, commercial and high-net worth relationships
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the credit risk processes and standards of assigned Review Entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
- Assessment of Business and Risk staffing levels to determine the effects on assigned Review Entities
- Preparation of Credit Assessment Documents in accordance with and at the quality standards required by the FCR Manual and Review Guides
- Approval of relationship-level file testing prepared by FCR Credit Risk Analysts and Guest Reviewers
- Evaluation of the appropriateness of Corrective Action Plans resulting from Reviews or Business Monitoring, and subsequent validation of the effectiveness of the same after implementation by the Business
- Accountability for the quality and consistency of work products that include Credit Assessment Documents, Sample Rationale Documents, and Fundamental Credit Review Reports created for the assigned Review Entities
- Support Credit Review Team Manager, Region Head and Global Head of Wholesale Credit Review on regional and/or global tasks
- Proactive communication to Credit Review Team Managers, Region Head and GRR Senior Management of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize the assigned Review Entities
- Travel Required (15% to 50% depending on Region)
- Demonstrable financial services experience including 8+ years of credit experience in corporate, commercial, or retail banking
- Work experience in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar with credit or financial statement analysis experience.
- Good knowledge of capital markets products, including derivatives
- Expert in risk analysis and risk management processes for one or more products and lending areas.
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters with proven sound judgment
- Regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to coordinate and manage large review teams
- Ability to recognize emerging risks, including operational risk.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships and exert influence without direct authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Citi's organization and systems preferred.
- Language skills preferred, depending on region
Job Family Group:
- BA/BSc or higher in business, finance, or a related field
- Senior Credit Officer qualification preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Review Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting