Senior Auditor - Model Risk Management
The Senior Auditor is an intermediate level role responsible for performing moderately complex audits and assessments of Citi's risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to utilize in-depth subject matter expertise to contribute to the development of new techniques / processes for the area or function and help Citi reach business goals.
Citigroup's Model Risk Governance organization is responsible for the management of model risk across the firm. The Model Risk Management framework provides an independent set of controls over the key risks that are associated with the use of models for the purposes of Citi's key businesses, including the Institutional Clients Group and the Global Consumer businesses. This control framework includes various aspects of model risk management such as model governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use.
The Global Model Risk IA team has a mandate to provide a comprehensive program of audit coverage for the firm's model risk management framework and related controls across all lines of business. As a member of this team, the individual will help to design and implement the model risk audit methodology. The individual will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a risk based IA plan that is executed in accordance with the department's policies and procedures. To successfully deliver this plan, the candidate will need to partner with the department's business, product and technology audit teams as well as their respective business leaders. Responsibilities:
- Perform moderately complex audits including drafting audit reports, presenting issues to the business, and discussing practical solutions
- Draft audit reports and present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs
- Monitor, assess, and recommend solutions to emerging risks
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines
- Apply internal audit standards, policies, and regulations to provide timely audit assurance and influence audit scope
- Develop effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Subject matter expertise regarding audit technology's application
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .