Senior Auditor - Treasury & Trade Solutions
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The Senior Auditor / Assistant Vice President will perform audit work and business monitoring for various Treasury & Trade Solutions ('TTS') audit entities and will report to the Senior Audit Manager of Internal Audit TTS North America team.
The TTS Business in North America is a $1.9BN revenue business that processes a daily average of 350,000 funds transfers with a total value of approximately $1.6T. Cash liability balances are approximately $110BN. Core TTS cash products are payments, receivables, trade, liquidity management services, information services, commercial cards and account services. The TTS Business in North America is primarily booked under the Citibank N.A. and Citibank Canada legal vehicles. Key Responsibilities:
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Treasury and Trade Solutions, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
Job Family Group:
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Auditor background with experience in operational audits is desired.
- Business understanding of ICG/TTS products (Cash, Trade, and Cards) is preferred, but not required.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Strong work ethic and energy levels.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Multitasking skills is a must.
- Technological Proficiency. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Continuous Quality Improvement mind-set.
- Travel requirement: 25%
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting