Description of the Position
The Supervisory Principal ('SP') is role within the Citi Private Bank Supervision team covering the Americas region. The Supervisory Principal is responsible for various supervisory duties as assigned, which will primarily include review and approval of client investment presentations, advertising and commentary. The role holder will interact with a range of stakeholders across all levels of the organization including Supervisory Principals, Business Managers, Desk Heads, Bankers, & Investment Professionals and Servicing Teams. In addition, the role holder will be expected to work closely with a diverse group of support and control functions including Business Risk, Compliance, Operational Risk, Legal and Internal Audit. The role will be based in Tampa, FL
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world's wealthiest and most influential individuals and families. Like Citi's government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world's billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi's holistic approach to wealth management.
Citi Private Bank is represented by more than 1,000 private bankers, investment professionals and product specialists across a network of 90 offices in 33 countries and over 128 currencies worldwide, making it the most global private bank.
The Supervisory Principal will be responsible for performing regular oversight of investment activities to ensure adherence to Citi policies and regulatory requirements. In addition, the role holder will provide additional backup supervisory coverage and may be responsible for the implementation of projects/initiatives that relate to supervisory processes.
• Review and approve marketing material that is distributed through the bank or broker dealer channel (e.g., Private Placement sales)
• Review and approval of investment-related correspondence
• Determine if sale meets appropriate suitability requirements for client/prospect
• Ensure that communication to client/prospect falls within FINRA guidelines for PPM sales
• Partner with Regional Supervisory Principals in the resolution of supervisory items escalated and raised.
• Interface, consult and advise Senior Management including, but not limited to, Compliance, AML, Sales Management.
• Assist on ad-hoc projects as assigned by Management.
• Maintenance and retention of all relevant files within the functional requirements of the role
• Ensure timely and appropriate escalation of issues and maintain relevant metrics for reporting purposes
• Execute on projects and initiatives within agreed timeframes
• Relevant apx. -10 years of experience in financial industry; advertising, communications compliance review experience helpful, but not required
• FINRA Series 24, 7, 66 (63/65), 31. Preferably 9/10
• Knowledge of Bank/Broker-Dealer business and regulatory requirements, particularly around Communications and Advertising policies.
• Ability integrating and balancing diverse priorities
• Strong networking, influencing and negotiating skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive and Resourceful
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Travel - Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting