Technology Business Manager #79946
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 16 Feb 19
Technology Business Manager #79946
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Technology Business Manager will be responsible for maturing the IT Department into a "One IT" high-performing culture.
- Drive IT practice methodologies and define / maintain operating models to streamline IT operations including; governance, health monitoring and processes. (e.g. risk management, lean agile workflow, roadmaps, quality practices, quality governance, dependency management, change management, and delivery process maturity / governance in a Lean Agile environment).
- Lean Agile Leader with a customer-centric / value creation focus on portfolio management vs project-centric.
- Ability to connect the IT Portfolio to the Business portfolio and reflect a full roadmap towards company objectives.
- Ability to balance long term strategy with the ever-changing demands of the current company needs.
- Lead, manage, and oversee projects, initiatives, and daily operations related to: assessing business and technology processes and functional needs for the enterprise
- Lead, and oversee the technical project management lifecycle from inception through implementation that includes scoping and planning projects and initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting project status, managing deliverables, and assessing customer satisfaction.
- Participate in governing practices within the Business Planning & Strategy Team and Corporate.
- Build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, business and corporate partners as well as vendors.
- Define and maintain department KPIs to provide benchmarking, improvement opportunities and reporting across all IT delivery/services. (e.g. tracking of targeted business outcomes, Net Promoter Score, Employee engagement, Cycle Time, Defect trends, Incident trends, etc.)
- Oversees and provides strategy and planning of talent, training, staffing models, employee engagement, change management, IT HR, IT Finance cost estimating,
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; approve expenditures or budget transfers
- Presents major accomplishments, issues and concerns to executive management.
- Represent the department as an expert or resource to IT cross-functional projects or coordinating teams and report to senior management on the department's delivery, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
- Strong leadership, communication, listening and influencing skills
- Ability to build trust and credibility
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strategic thinking
- Proven Change Agent
- Ability to network across all levels
- Experience and proven track record in IT delivery.
- Confident, self-motivated with experience coaching and/or training individuals
- Solid IT background and consistently keep up-to-date with advancements in the field
- Experience working with cross-functional teams fostering collaboration and team work
- Matured the IT practices and initiatives within the IT organization
- Experience working with agile methods, dev ops practices, process improvements and measuring success.
- Strategic view of Workflow/ Governance (quality and agile methodologies to streamline operations)
- Understanding of Quality practices & Quality Governance and Risk and how to build into practices up front.
- Experience building strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, business, corporate partners and vendors
- 7-10 years relevant experience in IT transformations and change management with a track record of success.
- Experience working across different tool sets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years relevant project experience in Insurance/Financial Services with track record of success
- Prior experience as an Agile Coach or as a key role in agile transformation efforts
- 7-10 years' experience with Program/Project Management skills/working knowledge of the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources
- Familiar with SAFe Principals
- Experienced background in software development
- Experienced background in Support Services
- Skills in JIRA (or similar agile tools)
- Six Sigma experience
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.