Data Analyst-Data Sleuth Hedge Fund
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA West Palm Beach FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Analytic Recruiting Inc.
- 09 Jul 18 2018-07-09
An Investment Manager in West Palm Beach, FL is looking for a Data Analyst who will work on vendor data inputs to insure quality and to identify data defects.
- Monitor data quality and identify data integrity problems
- Work with vendor provided financial data (earnings, security prices, benchmark prices, trade volume, futures prices, alternative data, credit card data, spatial mapping).
- Reconcile Large Datasets-Understand data mapping; identify missing records, missing values, incorrect values, duplicate records, badly formatted data, broken relationships across tables and systems
- Work with industry leading Machine Learning predictive modeling scientists
- Act as a Data Sleuth to identify unexpected results, data defects and data anomalies
- Figure out what the data is supposed to look like and what is actually going on with the data
- Use SQL to query large databases
- Use Excel to look at data in a machine-readable format
- Degree in statistics, possibly CS.-a bachelors or a master’s. Not a PhD or even ABD.
- 2+ years of SQL, SQL Database Query working with large datasets
- Must have experience preparing data sets & QA’ing data
- Not client-facing, more focused on the technical
- Experience with Business Intelligence applications like Tableau
- Nice to have: Python, C#, or Java
- Must have Microsoft Open Database Connectivity experience
- Must be able to work in a collegial but time sensitive environment
- Possibly has:
- Developed automated data quality analysis tools
- Worked with a data warehouse system
- Built some prototype or mini applications (either on its or within Excel or another tool
Keywords: Data Reconciliation, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Market Data, Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Data Analyst, SQL, Parsing, Python, Tableau, Java
Please refer to Job #22549 - and send MS Word attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org