Associate Client Manager - Fixed Income
- Not Specified
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Nov 17 2017-11-27
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $830B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $830B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of March 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Invesco?s Fixed Income?s (IFI) Investment Solutions Group is designed to handle the business and client related activities of the broader fixed income platform. The principal drivers of the business engagements are represented by the Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) and Client Manager (CM) structures. These structures are aligned with Invesco?s goal of having an investment-oriented culture that is focused on our clients throughout various distribution channels. The objective of the Investment Solutions Group is to represent our fixed income platform and portfolio management teams across a multitude of business and client related matters, thereby affording the Portfolio Managers (PMs) and research teams the opportunity to focus their efforts on managing our client?s assets. The position of Associate Client Manager (ACM) will be a critical contributor within the CPM/CM structure. The role is to assist the newly formed CM function in various key areas of the business: portfolio reporting, on-site meetings, client on-boarding activities, client maintenance, client training, sales/marketing efforts through the consultant/gatekeeper channel as needed, strategy/presentation material updates, client business oversight and reviews. The ACM is expected to work with and support the Sales and Service, Operations, Compliance, and Legal teams. In this role, the ACM will assist the CPMs/CMs in their responsibilities related to coordination and delivery of investment servicing requirements which are critical to the retention of clients across the identified IFI sectors and regions. In addition, the Associate will work alongside and support the asset gathering efforts within the group. This ACM role will be a supportive component in enhancing and leveraging the CPM/CM team?s resources to foster stronger client and business development engagements. The ACM will be a contributor to the Investment Solution Group, to IFI, and to Invesco?s overall success as we seek to grow the business.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- The CMs in the compiling and generation of presentation books for client reporting to use for off-site/on-site client meetings
- The client reporting and servicing standardization project being implemented across the IFI sectors
- The reporting automation project along with the CMs to enhance the reporting process with content, efficiency, and timeliness
- The CMs in acting as a liaison between the sales force and the portfolio management teams to address client requests
- The CMs in addressing the various communication linkages with the PMs, Product Managers, Sales & Marketing, Legal & Compliance, and many other departments at Invesco
- The CMs with the onboarding process across the platform
- The CMs in their critical editorial role in preparing RFPs and RFIs, and work to set appropriate standards for the RFPs/RFI process
- The Investment Solutions Group in maintaining P/L considerations and tracking clients according to business plans and engagement
- The CMs with managing the various business related functions of the team, such as generating reports for the IFI executive committee
- The CPM team across the platform as needed to ensure the group is able to effectively execute on opportunities as presented.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- At least 3 to 7 years of experience in the financial services industry required
- Prior experience within fixed income is a plus
- Prior experience working with clients and the corresponding demands are a plus
- Prior experience working with Blackrock Aladdin, Bloomberg Barclays Live, Bloomberg, etc., is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, are a requirement.
- Strong computer knowledge with the ability to manage, manipulate, graph, and analyze large quantities of data.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong analytical skills are a must
- Strong, concise communication and writing skills are a must
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential
- A true team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels.
- Self-directed; must be comfortable with working independently to achieve objectives, seeking manager?s input as needed.
- Demonstrated good judgment
- Candidate must also be flexible and have the ability to work with a great variety of personalities and levels of expertise. The candidate will support a variety of CPM/CM responsibilities globally.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor?s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field is a requirement
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses are a plus
- Candidate interested in working towards getting a MBA or CFA will be a bonus
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.