Associate, Core Compliance
Description About this role L&C Overview:
BlackRockâ€™s L&C Department protects BlackRockâ€™s reputation and provides advice to and oversight and monitoring of, BlackRockâ€™s business. The department is focused on both understanding and advising on the impact of regulation in our business and on challenging, overseeing and monitoring business activities with the objective of:
Knowledge/Experience and Education
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clientsâ€™ interests and assist the business in translating compliance requirements and expectations into their daily work;
- Putting client interests at the center of everything we do;
- Ensuring adherence to applicable laws and regulations;
- Cultivating and enhancing the strong compliance culture within BlackRock;
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulatory change;
- Fostering excellence within the Compliance team; and
- Actively developing, the skills knowledge and careers of each member of the Compliance team
Business Unit Overview and Responsibilities Core, Associate :
- 2-5 yearsâ€™ work experience - working within an asset management or investment banking environment a plus
- University degree or other equivalent professional qualification
- Basic knowledge of the markets, asset classes and products
- Strong Compliance experience and an understanding of regulatory rules
- Strong experience in managing technology vendor relationships including project management, liaising with vendor on root cause analysis and user acceptance testing (UAT) for proposed solutions.
- Knowledge of programming languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) are beneficial
- Experience owning and delivering projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision over time
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technology skills including confidence in the use of Word, Excel and PPT applications
- Ability to work in and enjoy a fast paced and challenging working environment
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to clarify tasks and requirements, organize time, and manage workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Committed to thinking and acting with integrity and honesty
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn about new topics, processes and to understand the larger picture
The Core Compliance team are focused on supporting and empowering our business colleagues globally to operate in compliance with key Compliance policies and procedures. In this capacity the team operate a number of processes that underpin many day to day compliance activities.Â The successful candidate will be a fundamental part of this day to day team. The successful candidate will focus on Core Compliance activities globally and will interact on a regular basis with L&C colleagues across the globe.
- The key enterprise wide policies and processes that the Core Compliance team are responsible for operating, overseeing and supporting on a daily basis include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Personal Trading
- Gifts & Entertainment
- Outside Activities
- US Political Contributions
- Leading on the technology vendor relationships for the systems supporting the Core Compliance policies and processes.
- Supporting the Core Compliance team on technology issue identification and partnering with the technology vendor team to identify and implement solutions.
- Managing global projects on technology enhancements and changes to better support the Core Compliance team and employees.
- Developing relevant analytics, visualizations, management information and reporting for senior management, Boards and governance bodies in relation to overseeing compliance with the above-mentioned policies
- Supporting the business and overseeing process operation and reporting in relation to the firm's Complaints handling policy
- Supporting the team in ensuring effective record keeping and reporting in relation to the EMEA Compliance Training expectations including associated reporting and escalation
- In addition to day to day activities, the Core Compliance team participates and takes the lead on a variety of strategic compliance initiatives, projects and process reviews which link closely to business as usual activity.
As a result of the scope and nature of the various policies and processes that the team run on a daily basis the role also includes significant engagement with individuals at all levels in the firm and with all business areas, providing an excellent opportunity to learn about the broader firm and build a strong network of contacts across BlackRock globally, both within the L&C department and more broadly across the firm. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.Â As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.Â
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their childrenâ€™s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment â€" the one we make in our employees. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com |Â www.blackrock.com/corporate Â | Instagram:Â @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock Â | LinkedIn:Â www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.