Cloud Engineer - Associate
Description About this role BlackRock Overview
BlackRock is looking for innovative engineers who love solving complex problems. As a firm, we recognize strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With the assets of BlackRock's clients and over 200 technology customers on Aladdin we bear a major responsibility, both as a platform provider and as a fiduciary. Our powerful technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing. Team Overview
This role is part of an engineering function within Aladdin Product Group - Platform Operations team focusing on External Messaging platforms and using cloud capabilities within BlackRock's powerful asset management platform. Members of our team have a consistent track record of solving some of the firms most difficult problems in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner. We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to solve large scale challenges.
This team will provide operational and engineering support for multiple messaging platforms including Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, Itiviti Catalys (FIXEngine), and SWIFT. This includes build automation, provisioning, monitoring, and updating infrastructure, as well as the tooling to automate migrations to the cloud. The team will also be responsible for finding opportunities to improve our architecture using cloud and cloud-native technologies.
Security, data privacy, and system resilience are integral to the design and architecture. A candidate should have an appreciation for running platforms in the cloud with respect to security, cost, performance, and complexity. Experience implementing enterprise solutions in a commercial cloud is a strong plus. A successful candidate has:
- A passion for building highly available, performant, and secure messaging systems that our clients can trust
- Experience deploying to and operating commercial clouds; namely Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Familiarity with messaging technologies & platforms like Apache Kafka, Azure's Service Bus, Event Grid, Event Hub, Amazon MQ or Google Cloud's Platform Pub/Sub.
- Experience with providing operational support to triage production incidents and engage with respective partners to restore services and perform post incident review to prevent future occurrences
- Skills in automation and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible or Terraform
- Experience automating deployment of IaaS components including storage, network, and compute
- Experience with Linux and solving issues on the platform
- Experience with orchestration and container engines such as Kubernetes and Docker
- An education in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- An open mind, and works well with a diverse set of people
- Passion for the possibilities represented by cloud platforms
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.