Job Description : Job Description
Builds and maintains the automation and streamlining of software delivery and operations for new or existing software applications using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools in a DevOps life cycle to reduce lead time, reduce costs, increase the flow of business value, increase reliability and resiliency, and enhance quality and streamline the accurate collection and display of metrics. Supports and enforces the use of DevOps as a strategic asset of culture change to enhance the flow of business value to our clients. Liaises with DevOps Center for Enablement (C4E) to ensure that any centralized DevOps tools or practices are followed, and to share information about any team specific tools or practices that may benefit other teams.
The Software Engineer is proficient with capabilities and tools in the DevSecOps life cycle including:
• Infrastructure as Code (Terraform preferred)
• Public Cloud (AWS preferred)
• Agile Backlog Management
• Source Code Management
• Build Orchestration
• Artifact Repository Management
• Automated Testing including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and Functional Testing
• Static Code Analysis
• Load and Performance Testing
• Code Scanning
• Compliance Automation
• Configuration Management
• Deployment Strategies and Patterns including Blue/Green and Canary Deploys
May take on several components of an initiative or a complex component of an initiative. Works beyond routine nature of tasks utilizing specialized and broad knowledge. Works under broad supervision with little instruction. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related mathematics or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or IT including at least 2 years of experience in a role in which the primary responsibility is DevOps Engineering or the development, maintenance, and support of CI/CD pipelines.
- Must demonstrate ability to write code.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good facilitation skills and team-player attitude.
- Experience in the banking industry. Experience working in Agile teams.
- In an Agile environment: Knowledge of Agile development & release practices.
- Experience supporting a team with DevOps in an Enterprise Agile framework (SAFe, LeSS, DAD, Enterprise Scrum, Nexus, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf