DevOps Infrastructure Developer, Associate
Description About this role What is Data Operations Engineering (DataOps Engineering)?
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services with cutting edge technology. They imagined a company that would provide financial services to clients as well as technology services to other financial firms. The result of their vision is Aladdin, our industry leading, end-to-end investment management platform. Data is at the heart of Aladdin and of everything we do. The DataOps Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining a cutting-edge data platform that provides quality data for Investors, Operations Teams, Data Scientists, and all users of the platform. Team Overview:
Data is at the core of the Aladdin platform, and increasingly, our ability to consume, store, analyze, and gain insight from data is a key component of our competitive advantage. The DataOps Engineering team is responsible for the data ecosystem within BlackRock. We engineer high performance data pipelines, provide a fabric to discover and consume data, and continually evolve our data storage capabilities. We believe in writing small, testable code with a focus on innovation. We are committed to open source, and we regularly contribute our work back to the community.
As a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer in the DataOps Engineering team you will:
- Work alongside our systems engineers and UI developers to help design and build scalable, automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Help prove out and product-ionize infrastructure and tooling to support scalable cloud-based applications
- Have fun as part of an awesome team
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary squad to establish our next generation of data pipelines and tools
- Be involved from inception of projects, understanding requirements, designing & developing solutions, and incorporating them into the designs of our platforms
- Mentor team members on technology and best practices
- Build and maintain strong relationships between DataOps Engineering and our Technology teams
- Contribute to the open source community and maintain excellent knowledge of the technical landscape for data & cloud tooling
- Assist in troubleshooting issues, support the operation of production software
- Write technical documentation
- 5 + in an SRE/DevOps role, or related IT or operations field
- Passion for engineering highly available performant systems
- Experience with Cloud Native platforms, both hosted and on-prem
- Experience working closely with Systems Engineers and Technology teams
- Working knowledge of building and deploying distributed systems
- Experience with scripting such as Python or Ruby
- Good understanding/experience with languages such as Go/Scala/Java
- Experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies such as Helm, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience supporting database or datastores e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Ignite, Hadoop, S3
- Experience in messaging and streaming platforms such as NATS or Kafka
- Experience in creating and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or Github following GitOps principles
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Experience in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in Linux or Unix
- Experience in networking, coordination and service discovery
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.