Product Manager - Investment Accounting
Description About this role Your team
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward-looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group builds next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The core of our product success lies within Aladdin being an outstanding platform for our clients. This means that our technology leaders have a DNA deeply embedded with empathy and purpose for our users. Since its inception, Aladdin has enabled commercial success for the firm. The question that we are asking ourselves today is - How do we continue to revolutionize and take Aladdin through to the next wave of innovation? Your role and impact
Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients' business problems.
As a Product Manager passionate about Aladdin Accounting, you will be responsible for leading, managing, and executing on our product vision. Aladdin Accounting extends the scope of investment operations solutions Aladdin provides to our clients as a single front to back investment platform.
You're accountable for defining Aladdin product strategy, being highly commercial, guiding products and being engrained in the entire product lifecycle. Your responsibilities
- Be an authority on the Aladdin Product Management team - Define and own the accounting product story and the future of delivering Aladdin's capabilities
- Partner with Aladdin engineers to craft and deliver accounting and performance solutions for the Aladdin community
- Champion the Aladdin Accounting roadmap; build alignment of vision across BlackRock, clients, and industry partners drive utility, adoption & impact
- Lead with a data driven mindset that tracks and measures usage and metrics to advise product strategy and deployment strategy
- Be a market structure expert - stay attuned and be ahead of industry, market, and technology trends to build opportunities for BlackRock and better serve our clients
Where you'll work
- 3+ years of product management experience or fund, portfolio or investment accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting treatment for investment instruments and the impact to financial statements
- Experience with a variety of accounting standards (e.g. US GAAP, IFRS, Tax, and Statutory) as they pertain to investment accounting
- In depth understanding of investment accounting and performance reporting cycles, operational processes, and workflows
- Understanding of front, middle, and back office integration touch points is a plus
- Understanding of product and software development lifecycles
- Experience interacting with product stakeholders, including end users and software developers
- Understanding of accounting system architectures and core components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- MBA or CPA is a plus
This position is located in BlackRock's Atlanta iHub where you'll work alongside curious, lifelong learners who are driven by purpose. At our Atlanta iHub, we're rolling up our collective sleeves to drive real change at a local and global level. All to shape a future that benefits more and more of us - a future that's Atlanta made. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.