Product Manager, Vice President - ATL
Description About this role
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services and cutting-edge technology. BlackRock has become a FinTech platform in the years since, powering the investment process for thousands of users around the world every day. Data is the heart of everything we do, and our ability to consume, store, analyze and gain insight from data is a key component of our market advantage.
BlackRock's Data & AI team are responsible for the data ecosystem within BlackRock - building and maintaining a groundbreaking data platform that provides quality data to all users of the Aladdin platform including investors, operations staff, data scientists, and engineers. Our goal is to provide highly available data of the highest quality to our clients, while evolving our platform to deliver exponential scale to the firm and powering the future growth of Aladdin. We engineer high performance data pipelines, provide a fabric to discover and consume data, and continually evolve our data storage capabilities. We believe deeply in our Agile operating model, and know that a strong Product Manager is essential to our success. As a Product Manager within Data & AI, you will:
What you'll do:
- Help transform Aladdin's Data and Analytics ecosystem, and how tens of thousands of investors consume data every day
- Develop deep expertise of our end-to-end offering by serving as Product Manager on one or more Squads
- Innovate, conceptualize, design, and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients' business problems
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, Front-End Developers, Data Scientists, Financial Modelers, Program Managers, Platform Operators, and Client Teams to define our product strategy and roadmap
- Learn new things and have fun as part of an awesome team
Who you are:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary squad to drive the firm's platform transformation strategy
- Drive the product in the right direction, from strategic vision to roadmaps to feature definition
- Drive alignment and transparency of that vision, engaging in two-way conversation with internal partners and end-users alike
- Partner with Program Managers and Engineering Leads to drive execution of that vision, sprint-by-sprint, across the product lifecycle
- Champion internal initiatives and drive new ways of working across the team
- You are an expert Product Manager who is excited by the idea of contributing to our vision
- You live and breathe Agile, and get joy out of breaking problems down into small, workable increments
- You have experience with data and/or analytic pipelines, in or out of FinTech
- You are a technologist at heart and curious by nature
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down an organization
- You know how to influence decision-making - at all levels and across contexts - within an organization
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and finding signal from noise
- You love data, and employ a data-first approach when solving problems
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when necessary, and you persevere where others do not
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.