Regional Sales Director
The Region Sales Director (RSD) role is responsible for leading sales efforts primarily through net flows, conducting sales opportunity analysis, driving advisor targeting and engagement, directing product SMEs, directing internal and external wholesaling activities. The position is a key strategic partner for field leaders, advisors, wholesalers and product partners in the region. Responsibilities
• Drive advisor net flows through virtual interactions with advisors. Ensure that key messaging is conveyed through defined visits and advisor meetings. The RSD is responsible for execution of region plan, advisor support, and field leader support. Key strategic partner for field leaders, advisors, wholesalers and product partners in the region.
• Partner with key support and resources including corporate communications, WMP&S, RiverSource, Columbia Management, third party wholesalers and other critical groups. Translate national call message, make connections to regional needs / priorities, partner effectively with field leaders, advisors and field staff. Support the creation of the region plan in alignment with the national plan and ensure understanding of the plan by field leaders and other key stakeholders. Involved with segmentation and region engagement planning, e.g. coaching programs.
• Engage Experienced Advisor Recruits (EAR) and field leaders in financial advice through Confident Retirement conversations and client case analysis. Engage virtually in client /advisor meetings where appropriate (while engaging other possible resources such as product experts). Required Qualifications
• 7-10 year relevant experience
• Series 7, 63/66, 65/66
• Knowledge of financial advice and experience working in a broker dealer/ financial services.
• Experience participating in client meetings supporting / facilitating the discussion and client case analysis.
• Analysis - ability to review, analyze, gather data. Can identify data trends and develop and articulate solutions to solve for gaps in plan.
• Leadership - demonstrated ability to lead and motivate advisors, leaders and field staff - engages with influence to support territory goals. Preferred Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills - written speaking clearly and in a compelling manner in front of small and large audiences.
• Executive presence - conveys a meaningful message with confidence and assertion while able to answer questions on the fly.
• Emotional competence - ability to be resilient in difficult situations, discipline in execution and positivity.
• Product knowledge - familiarity and some expertise with Wealth Management and Risk.
• Sales experience and Coaching Skills - able to engage and teach advisors while demonstrating accountability for results.