Securities Operations Associate-Summer Intern Associate Development Program 2020
Full time - Temporary Type of Hire
Associate Development Program (Internship) Education Desired
High School Diploma Travel Percentage
0% Job Description
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun. Join the 2020 Associate Development Summer Internship Program today!
As a 2020 Summer Intern with FIS, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, social events, professional development seminars and work alongside team mentors. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 8, 2020 and conclude on August 14, 2020. About the team
The Mutual Fund New Accounts Team is one of the first lines of interaction the clients have with Wealth Outsourcing. The group is instrumental in setting up fund accounts, broker requests and starting the company out on the right foot with the clients. While New Accounts is a back-office processing unit, the group is one of the initial touchpoints the clients will experience. As such, an opportunity to ensure a great experience all around for the clients. What you will be doing
What you bring:
- Individual would be responsible for looking at the overall process as it exists and making recommendations as to any changes that are needed. Does the current process make sense as is from someone coming into the group?
- Individual would be responsible for learning how to establish new fund accounts with the various fund companies. This would be through an automated process called a B50 record, as well as a manual process through a Letter of Intent (LOI).
- Individual would be responsible for setting up and evaluating Broker Dealer changes through Automation (B51) and through a Letter of Intent (LOI).
- Individual would be able to learn how the New Account group interacts with the various other departments. This would include the client interaction, system interaction and other groups within Operations.
- Individuals would have the opportunity to learn the various systems that are currently used. These would include everything from our Trust Platform to our Trading system to Industry platforms.
What we offer you
- Rising Senior (graduating December 2020 through May 2021)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and communication skills
- Adaptability, a drive to learn, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Competitive full-time paid summer internship
- Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the http://www.fisglobal.com/-/media/fisglobal/files/policies/privacy/online-privacy-notice/english.pdf?la=en Online Privacy Notice. EEOC Statement
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf available here supplement document http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.