Senior Analyst - High Yield
- Not Specified
- Atlanta, GA, USA Atlanta GA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Aug 18 2018-08-29
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Under limited supervision, develop and present investment recommendations to portfolio managers. This includes making buy, sell, and hold recommendations and actively monitoring holdings and potential holdings within assigned sectors. Participate in broad, cross-asset class initiatives across the IFI platform.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Independently conduct research into holdings and potential holdings within assigned sectors in alignment with the group’s investment process
- Perform relevant fundamental research and analyze relative value
- Develop a reasonable basis for investment recommendations within the framework of the group’s investment process
- Ensure that recommendations are appropriate and consistent with investment objectives and fund restrictions
- Provide concise written and oral investment recommendations to the portfolio managers, traders and other interested parties
- Continually monitor portfolio credits for noteworthy events that may affect credit quality, internal rating changes and/or price changes
- Track pricing of assigned credits in order to identify trading opportunities
- Build expertise in assigned industry specialties
- Contribute to the achievement of group investment performance objectives
- Actively participate in all IFI cross-asset class initiatives
- Develop relationships with underwriters and analysts on assigned sectors in an effort to better understand their processes and to better anticipate changes
- Assist in training staff and serve as a resource to staff when questions arise
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- A minimum of five years in high yield credit analysis with experience covering at least one of the following sectors: consumer related, food/beverage, paper/packaging or chemicals.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Eager and diligent
- Resourceful and self motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and make quick decisions
- Team-player - teamwork is essential
- Strong communication skills are a must
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required (Business, Finance or related field is preferred).
- A master’s degree, CFA designation or a CPA designation is also preferred.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment. #LI-mt01