Senior Engineer, Client Trading, Vice President
Description About this role About this role
At BlackRock Atlanta, GA our global technology and innovation hub, we are crafting a culture in which challenges, development and innovation happen every day. We are constantly driving digital innovation across the domains of web, mobile apps, data models and analytics; while simultaneously driving their implementation, scale and local adaptations globally.
This is the opportunity to work within the Client Trading engineering team whose mandate is delivering of BlackRock's industry-leading liquidity management platform powered by Aladdin. We are beginning a multi-year project to rearchitect and redesign our platform to fuel dramatic growth in assets under management and volume.
We are passionate about building high-quality software that is intuitive and efficient to use, visually appealing and encourages end-user delight.
In the role of senior engineer, you will play a key part in our product success and customer satisfaction by transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into solutions that provide clear, useful and performant outcomes for users. You will be a key member of the product engineering team by creating resilient, scalable and joy-to-use solutions for end clients, in close collaboration with other team members. To achieve our ambitious goal of rearchitecting and redesigning our platform to fuel dramatic growth, we need the energy of the whole team channelled into the right direction leveraging on your experience, professional knowledge and enthusiasm. What makes us special as a company
What makes us special as a team
- Our purpose is important: to help more and more people experience financial well-being, allowing them to have better health, education, and retirement.
- As the biggest asset manager, we are among the top companies globally and have a highly secure and established financial pedigree - a FinTech company with equal emphasis on Technology and Finance.
- Our Atlanta, GA innovation hub is growing dynamically so there are always new opportunities while compared to many big companies, employees enjoy more freedom to provide input and express their opinion.
You should be
- We build solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who get an advantage by using our Aladdin eco-system.
- We deliver complete end-to-end solutions as an Agile Team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Engineers, UX/UI designers, and Test Automation engineers, working with colleagues across the globe (Atlanta, London, Budapest, Singapore)
- We are passionate about our profession. We keep learning and sharing our knowledge internally and externally.
- We are developing in Angular, React, Java, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, a whole host of languages and many other open-source technologies.
- We believe in an API first approach, writing testable software, with a focus on incremental innovation and testing.
As part of our team you will
- Curious about your profession. Keen to learn and using your knowledge to deliver business value
- Motivated to share your experience, thoughts, views to come to the best solution all the time
- Taking full ownership of the end result with high attention to quality (starting from the awesome new user interface, through the well designed and documented APIs till the scalable and well tested microservices)
- Like to think about the big picture and understand the end to end workflows.
- Build quality software and scale technology to meet the needs of tomorrow.
- Ensure best practices are adhered to with a passion for clean, maintainable code for resolving complex process and system challenges (regardless of technology).
- Experiment and drive innovation
- Mentor new joiners, junior colleagues
- Be creative and learn constantly
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.