- Atlanta, GA, USA Atlanta GA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
Seeking a Trader to join Atlanta-based asset management firm. In this role, you will be responsible for portfolio trading across multiple disciplines, both domestic and international. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-energy, entrepreneurial culture that values individuals who exhibit a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn and desire to achieve.
- Execute trades in an effective manner ensuring best execution and adherence to regulatory requirements and firm policies.
- A successful candidate will have a command of the public markets, possess the ability to assess and evaluate market news and data and be able to provide portfolio managers with ongoing information about market sentiment, trading environment, trading volume, price volatility, etc.
- Monitor portfolio, trade and risk metrics.
- Manage allocations across funds in accordance with procedures.
- Build relationships with sales traders and service providers.
- Assist the trading order life-cycle with trade processing, data analysis and reporting capabilities to support a 24/7 Global trading desk.
- Analyze complex sets of data and enhance proprietary and third-party trade cost analyses.
- Regular evaluation of trading systems, venues and partners, with an emphasis on sourcing liquidity and minimizing information leakage.
- Liaise with internal settlement teams to ensure all operational tasks are covered.
- Recommend and support implementation and documentation of process change in trading to increase efficiency.
- Build and maintain automated tools to improve the speed and accuracy of Trading and the firm.
- Complete all other relevant tasks issued by Head Trader.
- The desk covers many different markets and the ability to work extended hours is expected.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree in Finance, Economic, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Risk awareness and strict attention to procedural adherence is a must.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated a commitment to adhering to the highest standards of professional ethics.
- Successful candidates will be hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- The successful candidate should be able to contribute immediately.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Ability to develop automated tools and conduct analysis on large amounts of data.