Vice President, Portfolio Management - Index Products
Description About this role Portfolio Manager, ETFs and Index Investments
Corporate Title: Vice President / Associate
Business / Division: ETFs and Index Investments
Location: Atlanta - Primary / San Francisco - Secondary Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's ETFs and Index Investments team manages more than $4.3 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. The group offers passive equity investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices, including ETFs (iShares), commingled funds, mutual funds and separate accounts. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
BlackRock's investment teams are staffed with professionals who have significant experience within their respective markets. Our portfolio teams manage assets for institutional and individual investors alike. Accordingly, all our clients benefit from our portfolio management expertise and risk management analytics. All our portfolio managers leverage the expertise of other investment teams through the strength of a shared research, trading and risk management platform. Role Overview:
BlackRock is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join the ETF and Index Investments team in either our Atlanta or San Francisco office. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of index equity portfolio management in index equity portfolios or index asset allocation portfolios. He/she will have the opportunity to further develop product and operational knowledge, all within a collaborative environment of supportive colleagues. Responsibilities include:
- Perform daily portfolio management tasks; daily liquidity management, portfolio re-balancing, corporate action analysis, client activity; risk and performance monitoring - ensuring portfolios are positioned within investment parameters and guidelines and track within performance expectations
- Engage with global teams to identify and drive process improvements that lower risk and increase efficiency
- Participate in project work and systems testing
- Establish portfolio management practices that can be shared globally
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- Knowledge of and interest in index portfolio management, risk models, index construction methodologies, or asset allocation strategies including target date funds
- Passion for investing and a continuous desire to learn more about financial markets and fund management
- Strong technical aptitude with an interest in technology solutions related to portfolio management, trading and data analytics. Python, SQL, or any coding experience preferred
- Experience with Aladdin tools and knowledge of Aladdin data sources are a plus
- Forward thinking with attention to detail and desire to improve and standardize processes
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity, and judgement
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.