Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world’s premier end-of-line packaging company.
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Lagrange, GA
1. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and maintains necessary documentation.
2. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
3. Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
4. Drives equipment design efforts, repair projects, and capital project justifications.
5. Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
6. Estimates production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
7. Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
8. Work with operations/EHS team on hazard assessments, guarding, JSA’s as required.
9. Any other duties assigned by manager.
Relationships and Contacts
1. Reports directly to VP – Operations, Transit Packaging
2. Has dotted-line reporting relationships to ITP Director Sales.
1. Works closely with Manufacturing, Sales and Maintenance leaders.
External Business Relationships
1.Works closely with outside vendors, equipment vendors, customers, etc….as necessary.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred, preferably in mechanical engineering and industrial engineering; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Operational understanding of AutoCAD and/or similar systems is preferred.
Knowledge of ISO requirements, machine controls and facility maintenance management programs are preferred.
Experience in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is desired.