Business Operations Manager
Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial.
Assist the financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s) in managing and organizing office workflow and daily business operations. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities. This role will manage the day-to-day activities of staff including, but not limited to, conducting weekly touch points, delivering annual performance reviews and hiring new staff.
The role is responsible for taking the lead in managing the financials of the practice and other practice management functions essential to a small business. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client seminar. Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
- Oversee/administrate all real estate activities related to practice/business, including supplies and office relations
- Manage office operations including bookkeeping responsibilities for the office, such as review and analyze bookkeeping and accounting records; direct business planning and forecasting;
- Full responsibility for technology and office equipment related to business applications (Outlook, Client Management systems, copier, fax, etc.)
- Provide training to staff on related systems/tools
- Participate in fiscal management activities
- CE tracking and coordination of scheduling with Prometric (series 7), Online CE for insurance
- Liaison between the CEO and CPA
- Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies; implement them when appropriate
- Plan and prioritize own work schedule
- Use to-do lists, calendars, computer software or other work/time management systems
- Maintain office supplies and order as appropriate Copying/Scanning/Filing
- Ensure conference room and reception areas are presentable and ready for client visits
- Assist in basic back office client service (birthday cards, confirmations, etc.)
- ble to utilize and understand unique tools and processes available
- Support the Advisor and Marketing Coordinator in marketing plan and execution.
- Special projects as necessary
- Calendar management for all items unrelated to clients
- Travel management for Advisors
- Tracking/managing of all costs related to Advisor (outside of those client-related)
- Errands upon request
- Able to utilize and understand unique tools and processes available
Key traits of a successful Business Operations Manager
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective Communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by Advisor and FINRA
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the Advisor's Practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
About Our Company
- College degree or higher
- Experience in Operations Manager, or as Manager for at least 24 months.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.