Analyst - Real Estate
- Honolulu, HI, USA Honolulu HI US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
Analyst - Real Estate
Reporting to a Senior Vice President, the Real Estate provides financial analysis in support to the financing, acquisition, marketing and leasing of a certain property; provide investment analysis with financial modeling, valuation, demographic research and general investment diligence. The Analyst provides reporting to the business based on the economic conditions, market trends and financial situations. The Analyst may be responsible for evaluating client's credit, helping negotiate lease and mortgage contracts and coordinating loans. The position requires technical aptitude of evaluating data and local market information to conduct financial analysis, prepare memorandums for Executives and Senior Leaders, and develops other reports providing insight into key business decisions being made.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs query functions and reporting on an ad-hoc basis through requests and internal needs.
- Understands and quickly accesses various sources of data to help isolate and address problem areas, including identifying underlying factors contributing to the problem.
- Creates Excel reporting templates using PivotTables, Macros, VBA, etc.
- Prepares PowerPoint slide deck presentations (e.g. Investment Memorandums, Business Plans, Investor Presentations, Market Tours, etc.)
- Produces regular market performance assessment (MPA) reports and maintains real estate market rating models for the assigned properties on the market.
- Monitors and analyzes specified commercial and residential real estate market conditions, using the area's internal and external real estate, financial and economic data, as well as research.
- Based on market analysis and assessment, contributes to the development of forward-looking and proprietary perspectives on an assigned property's anticipated performance.
- Monitors and analyzes key demographic and economic trends in the assigned geographic market, as well as reports the key developments to the manager.
- Review and abstract leases, development agreements, contracts, and LOI's.
- Provide project management support through design, entitlement, sales, construction, financing and closing phases
- Assists manager in applying market research to help guide the benchmark underwriting assumptions for assigned properties in the region.
- Updates and maintain database system, electronic files, operating / investment reports and other corporate reporting.
- Perform other duties and/or participate in other projects, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business Management or a related field required. MBA is a plus.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum one to two years of relevant work experience as an analyst in an investment, finance, private equity, corporate finance or real estate related role would be preferred.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information to drive informed strategic output.
- Ability to define problems and organize efficient solutions, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required. JDE Edwards and Argus Enterprise experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, and problem solving abilities.
Requires a detail oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and can be an interactive part of a team. Must demonstrate strong judgement and decision-making skills, and attention to detail. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.