Position Purpose: Provide quality internal and external customer service while facilitating Bank member transactions within the guidelines of Federal Regulations and Bank policy. Daily responsibilities may include but are not limited to custody and capital stock management; membership data management; performing the board election process; eligibility certifications, or various process balancing.
- Analyze details for daily functions; member applications, stock recalculation and asset update, as well as special projects.
- Provide excellent customer service in a fast paced environment to all internal and external customers by responding to requests for service timely and professionally.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner in conjunction with Bank policy and written procedures.
- Understanding of anti-money laundering, OFAC and fraud as it relates to the first line of defense; and ability to monitor, identify and report on emerging issues related to members and other business partners to ensure risk issues are escalated and addressed on a timely basis.
- Thorough understanding of FHLB membership life cycle; ability to interpret, investigate, and resolve membership eligibility per regulation and work with regulators to ensure adequate handling of membership.
- Interpret regulatory guidance and develop processes necessary to comply with FHFA requirements
- Evaluate processes for continuous improvement
- Responsible for internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the integrity of Bank and member data
- Bachelor's degree preferred, however, two years of business education and/or equivalent work experience required
- Proven experience with accuracy and details
- Proven experience in transaction execution, ownership and accountability for work
- Banking industry certifications are a plus
- 3-5 years proven customer service experience; phone customer service experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills essential for working with director election and membership processes
- Proficient PC skills including Word and Excel; database experience a plus
- Ability to work within a team environment is essential