Job Reference #195184BR
Are you a highly experienced software developer? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you want to design and build best-in-class, enterprise scale applications?
UBS's Asset Management IT team is looking for a Senior developer to:
- work on critical enhancements to the existing Investment and Operational tools
- assist the business in identifying new Alpha generation opportunities
- insure the components of the operational platform are as efficient as possible
- interact with key business stake holders to help define and drive change
- perform as a full stack developer designing, implementing and delivering into production complete solutions
You will be working for Group Technology out of our Chicago, IL office. You will report into the AM Technology Portfolio Management & Trading - Hedge Fund Solutions (HFS) lead.
- a four year bachelor's degree or the international equivalent in computer science , math, engineering , physics or MIS related degree
- 5-10+ years application development experience within a financial services organization
- practical experience with Linux, UNIX and Windows desktop environments
- experience with relational databases, preferably Sybase, MS SQL, or Oracle
- practical experience with source code control systems and release management techniques
- the ability to work with both Front and Middle Office business staff to define requirements and build plans to deliver solutions
- proven experience in a development role within the financial industry, preferably facing off to Front/Middle Office personnel and other application users
- experience working in a globally distributed team and environment
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- previously worked in an Asset Management Fund environment
- understanding of Risk Systems
- experience in the Financial Technology, this may include areas of Portfolio Management, Accounting, Risk Management, Data Analysis, and Client Reporting solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.