Account Manager, Investment Management New 📅 82868 Requisition # 📅 2 days ago Post Date
The Investment Associate work with Portfolio Managers within client service teams to consistently deliver a high level of proactive client service and support. They are expected to understand and support their PMs’ daily workflow. This includes preparing, proofing and coordinating presentation materials used in meetings with high net worth clients, analyzing investment themes and issues to communicate effectively with clients and internal partners, tracking trade activity from execution to settlement, researching and resolving account/operational investment discrepancies, analyzing and insuring accuracy of investment performance results. This position is critical to the confidence that our clients have in our abilities to manage their finances and the appropriate person will understand the importance of accuracy and timeliness. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepare, proof, and coordinate presentation materials for existing and prospective clients.
- Monitor and take ownership of all compliance related duties and follow-up procedures, including consulting with PMs on deficiencies and communicating with clients to eliminate exceptions.
- Duties range from insuring our records are complete for compliance purposes to providing equity and fixed income research needed for discussion with clients to inform them of investment decisions and transactions in their accounts.
- Monitor daily all current and outstanding capital structure offers, and ensure that capital structure decision deadlines are met.
- Communicate information on current offers, relevant research recommendations and any other related information to PMs.
- Monitor PMs’ desks in their absence. Distribute investment research and portfolio construction information when and where appropriate. Read, understand and abide by the PM Guidelines.
- Work diligently toward mitigating losses due to error, and be mindful of possible contingencies.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Investment Associates require a broad understanding of financial markets. • Knowledge of investment products, services and terminology, usually obtained through on the job training or prior experience, are needed.
- Analytical and organizational skills are needed to meet deadlines and solve client or administrative projects.
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of investment and personal trust client servicing experience.
- Excellent technical skills, including advanced Excel skills are required as well as Power Point.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or equivalent relevant work experience highly preferred.
- A passion for the investment business and excellent communication skills. Preference toward candidates pursuing the CFA or advanced degree.
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.