Manager, Accounting Methods & Credit Services
Requisition #: 48677
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Chicago, IL
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our practice.
- Conduct and manage accounting method assessment, design and implementation projects related to revenue and expense recognition, regulatory capital, post deal recommendations, and other opportunities
- Conduct and manage IRC Section 199 Domestic Production Activity Deduction projects
- Liaise with members of KPMG's Washington National Tax practice on various technical matters
- Assist in new business development, including add-on business by networking within the firm and also building on existing relationships outside of the firm while sustaining excellent client service
- Assist other project managers with the delivery of engagements as needed, including research and writing with regard to technical issues
- Provide quality assurance, engagement reviewer and exam support
- A minimum of five years of experience in federal corporate income tax in a large accounting firm, corporation or law firm
- Desire to focus on non-routine and non-recurring tax advisory and project related work
- Self-starter with demonstrated high performance capabilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA, Master of Tax, or J.D./LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.