Administrative Assistant - DAS Team Areas of Interest:
Administrative Support, Investment Management
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: The Dynamic Allocation Strategies team is a discretionary global macro manager that implements investment decisions through broad long and short macro strategiesasset class, currency, country, industry, duration, credit, style, size, theme, commodity, and volatility. A seasoned team of investment professionals makes qualitative investment decisions that are rooted in economic and financial theory and grounded in a quantitatively rigorous framework. The result that the team seeks is a long track record of superior investment performance in diverse market environments. Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to all individuals in the global Dynamic Allocation Strategies (DAS) team:
- Proactively assesses, anticipates and acts upon the time management and organizational needs of the DAS team;
- Arranges entire travel itineraries and submits expense reports afterward in a timely manner;
- Maintains DAS team member calendars daily and their contact databases;
- Facilitates meetings by reserving conference rooms, greeting guests, arranging calls, etc.;
- Communicating and coordinating with other teams in William Blair;
- Answers phones, distributes mail, maintains electronic and hard-copy filing.
- This role provides administrative support to a team of 15 in three regional locations who each require varying levels of assistance.
- The administrative support is customized for a team that conducts investment research, makes portfolio management decisions, and interacts with prospects and clients.
- Candidate will be required to learn the existing approach to supporting the DAS team prior to advancing improvements.
- Candidates must be able to quickly move up a learning curve and build an understanding of what each DAS team member does
- Attention to detail is vital as the DAS teams travel itineraries are extensive and information flow in and out of the team is in real-time.
- This role must have an awareness of what is happening in and around the team each day and adjust their workload priorities accordingly.
- While predominately located in Chicago, 30% of the DAS team resides in London & Zurich a fluency in working across time zones is a must.
- This role is ideal for a bright, energetic candidate who has chosen administrative assistance as a career path and has an interest in working with a global team.
- Three to five years of experience working in an office environment. Prior administrative support experience highly preferred.
- High school degree required; bachelors degree a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting is required.
- A strong work ethic evidenced by initiative and persistence is necessary.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience putting together international travel itineraries preferred.