Trust Administrator I Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Trust-Administrator-I_R200013474/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides high quality sales and service to Trust & Estate clients to deliver an exceptional client experience. Provides technical expertise for all aspects of Trust & Estate account management and administration to ensure compliance. Works collaboratively within the branch and the regional team as part of the client/relationship management solution. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as appropriate.
- Makes presentations to clients/prospects in conjunction with others based upon their needs.
- Manages trust, agency or probate accounts in the role of trustee.
- May act as the Relationship Manager to assigned clients and effectively interacts with others assigned to the client/relationship team.
- Reviews and interprets trust documents to ensure compliance.
- Assesses assets for risk identification.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure proper documentation and administration decisions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Reviews requests with Fiduciary to make discretionary decisions to about actions to be taken.
- Cross trains team members to ensure coverage and contingency.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Performs set up & maintenance of Trust & Estate accounts ensuring all compliance requirements are met within acceptable time frames.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of trade order management activities.
- Supports in audits and compliance reviews as assigned.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Performs sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative support to team members and relationship managers that includes financial reports, asset & account reconciliation, compliance, trade activity, posting, fee collection and other related activities; ensures proper documentation and administration decisions.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Personal Trust Administration processes and procedures
- Broad knowledge of Trust Tax, Trust Accounting and Investment Management
- Broad knowledge of fiduciary laws including estate planning techniques, relevant tax regulations.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR200013474 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.