Assistant Financial Planning Vice President, Services
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Financial Planning & Analysis, Assistant Vice President Job Locations US-IL-Chicago Posting Date 3 weeks ago(10/19/2020 11:04 AM)
Career Category Finance
iCIMS ID 2020-8734
Corporate Title AVP
Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's financial and strategic plan. Work closely with other functional area leaders (Portfolio, Commercial, Operations) to build their annual budgets and multi-year forecasts.Ownership of and continued improvement to the Company’s financial and cash flow projection models.
Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance.
- Special Projects 10% Various projects as assigned including internal controls
- Financial Planning and Analysis 50% Management Reporting including Budgeting / Forecasting / Estimates / Outlooks / Actual Reporting
- Profitability Analysis and Reporting
- Business Case / Project Financial Preparation and Tracking Analytics / Key Metrics / Benchmarking / Strategic Planning
- External and Internal Financial Reporting 20% Oversee preparation of financial statements filed with regulators, external bank group, internal and external stakeholders
- Monthly reporting on compliance with debt covenants.
- Ad hoc shareholder and bank reporting
- General Accounting / Other 15% Fixed asset impairment
- Treasury functions as assigned
- Accounting Policies 5% Emerging GAAP/IFRS assistance
- Documentation policies and procedures
- General office software, such as Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and general ledger systems such as SAGE
- Be self-motivating and achieve operating and organizational objectives through individual initiative.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the accounting and finance organization, including customers, other functions in the Company and SMBC.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Preferred Previous Work Experience:
- Five to Ten years of experience in a finance role with progressive responsibility including ownership of budgeting and financial reporting and analysis.
- Rail industry experience preferred.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFGs shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia, the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It connects a diverse client base to local markets and the organizations extensive global network. The Groups operating companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets, Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America, Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd.
SMBC is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability