The Associate Analyst is responsible for supporting the team's efforts to analyze and invest client assets in smaller, exchange-listed U.S. growth companies. Additionally, Associate Analysts construct valuation models for stock-listed U.S. companies and perform in-depth industry analysis and research. Responsibilities
• Conduct supporting due diligence on smaller U.S. based companies by communicating with industry participants and tracking domestic business news.
• Model and analyze financials of U.S. domiciled companies.
• Support Equity Analysts as they advise portfolio managers on relative attractiveness of individual U.S. equities.
• Monitor and help Equity Analysts cover and predict various industry trends over time, across growth sectors such as health care, technology, consumer, financials, etc.
• Follow legislative and political developments that may bear on portfolio companies and the macroeconomic environment, gathering relevant data as appropriate.
• Give analytical help to Equity Analysts as they identify promising investment themes. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree (showing a high level of academic achievement), in a subject that provides skills and context for supporting Equity Analysts in analyzing investments within the U.S.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Financial Analyst or Management Consultant.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform company, industry, and economic analysis.
• Proficiency with research tools, such as Microsoft Excel and database management.
• Eligibility to work in U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Fluency in English.
• Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable and take initiative on one's own.
• High level of organization.
• Innovative thinking.
• Dynamic and confident personality with ability to make a persuasive argument. Preferred Qualifications
• Progress toward the CFA designation.
• Experience with R, Python, SQL, or similar data mining tools preferred.
*Demonstrated track record of Academic success