Associate Customer Specialist
Associate Customer Specialist USA-IL-Chicago-South LaSalle St/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Chicago-South-LaSalle-St/Associate-Customer-Specialist_R0009755/apply
Are you a team player who aspires to do more with your career OR a driven and motivated recent college grad with some customer service experience and a desire to learn and grow professionally? Do you want to manage client accounts but would rather not work in sales or call center role? Are you looking for a team-oriented, fast-paced environment that would provide you with opportunities for advancement within a Global organization? If yes!
Wolters Kluwers Governance, Risk & Compliance division is looking for an Associate Customer Specialist to join our team in our downtown Chicago office!
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) is a division of Wolters Kluwer that provides a broad spectrum of solutions, services and expertise to legal, finance, risk and compliance professionals and small business owners to help manage myriad governance, risk and compliance challenges in dynamic markets and regulatory environments, globally. GRC Solutions serves more than 350,000 customers in more than 150 countries, including 70% of Fortune 500 companies, 92% of the worlds top banks, 90% of the Am Law 100 and more than 300,000 small businesses. The division has a global footprint, with workforce in 28 countries. Our clients include corporate legal departments, insurers, small businesses, financial services companies, brand professionals, underwriters, governments and compliance and risk professionals.
The Associate Customer Specialist (ACS) for Wolters Kluwer (WK) CT Corporation is an entry- level position responsible for providing front-line consultative customer service via phone and e-mail to customers (e.g., law firms, corporations). The (ACS) identifies customer goals, challenges, needs and requests, and utilizes product and industry knowledge to provide answers and initiate orders. The (ACS) manages the entire order process (from creation through invoice and follow-up), works to probe for up-selling or cross-selling opportunities, and builds positive working relationships with customers and strategic partners nationwide. In addition to order transactions, the (ACS) probes for lead generation opportunities; handles basic service of process inquiries and issues; executes on simple account maintenance and entry of delivery instructions for our representation customers; and handles general billing, invoicing, and payment inquiries. This role serves as an inbound entry point for our customers phone or email interactions and partners with their team to deliver the day to day customer experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops knowledge of the department, company and industry as a whole by attending and engaging in formal and informal training/mentoring sessions; engaging in self- directed learning (e.g., studying information provided in a timely manner); learning the mission, vision and goals of the team and of the service/sales organization; learning and maintaining in-depth knowledge of all processes used within the department; learning and maintaining in-depth knowledge of all systems and applications used within the department; developing a comprehensive knowledge of all CT products and services; learning CTs electronic offerings; developing subject matter expertise in corporate filings, document retrievals and statutory representation; identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with experts and leaders in the field; and collaborating with peers and management to continuously improve (e.g., accepting critical feedback and implementing suggestions).
- Provides consultative customer service as the initial point of contact for customer inquiries by accepting inbound calls and e-mails from customers (e.g., law firms, corporations); responding to incoming client calls and e-mails in a timely manner; developing and maintaining positive working relationships with customers throughout the territory; learning a consultative customer service approach to identify and fully understand customer needs, challenges and goals (e.g., corporate document retrieval, filing services); providing information to answer customer questions (e.g., billing inquiries); providing subject matter expertise to help customers reach business decisions (e.g., corporate filings, document retrievals, state requirements, options for forming new business entities); developing an understanding of advanced processes (e.g., mergers, withdrawals); and understanding and articulating how CT products and services can solve customer business challenges/needs, and achieve customer goals.
- Proactively manages the order through the entire life-cycle by utilizing internal electronic systems and customer electronic interface tools to create work orders; performing order fulfillment activities (e.g., reviewing filing procedures, completing documents, compiling search results, interacting with customers); working with fulfillment offices, correspondent networks and state filing officials to complete work orders; tracking, following-up, and updating customers on order status (e.g., state corporate filing status, due by dates); monitoring Dashboard and contacting customers to rectify rejected orders; maintaining accurate order, financial and customer records; and providing consultative customer service throughout the entire project life-cycle.
- Promotes additional CT offerings to meet customer needs by identifying lead generation opportunities as well as opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell the full array of CT products and services; providing general answers to questions about CT products and services; setting clear expectations regarding the capability of CT products and services; engaging additional resources to help advance or close sales opportunities (e.g., management, sales); promoting increased usage of CTs products and services; and partnering with Service Team in the development of customer accounts.
- Manages customer billing and payment inquiries as well as executes general financial transactions by posting charges for customer transactions; applying payment of invoices when necessary, adjusting, crediting, voiding financial charges as necessary in accordance with our policies to ensure fair and accurate billing; issuing checks for disbursements; following through to collection; and receiving and documenting appropriate approvals with regards to discounts, credits, etc.
- Oversees general Service of Process inquiries and issue resolution, manages execution of account maintenance and entry of delivery instructions for our representation customers by working with customers to understand their needs, partnering with account management to execute on their needs and coordinates with Fulfillment to make sure that they understand the customer needs and how to interpret our records in order to execute on deliverables.
- Represents Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives; communicating in a professional, compelling, and articulate manner of speech, writing and formal presentation; behaving in ways that demonstrate corporate core values and culture; developing professional and positive relationships with customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Proactively pursues professional development activities (e.g., reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks)
- Manages time and company resources appropriately
- Performs other duties as requested by the Manager
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business or related discipline; OR, if no degree, 5 years of consultative customer service experience.
Minimum Experience: 1 year of consultative customer service experience, including:
- Managing multiple concurrent projects
- Generating add-on sales revenue
- Working independently and in a team environment
- Collaborating across multiple internal teams (e.g., support teams, sales)
- Demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrating organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrating strong written and verbal communication.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams)
Preferred Experience (includes minimum): 2+ years of consultative customer service experience, including:
- Working in the Banking, Insurance, Hospitality, Retail or Legal industry
- Performing filing requests (e.g., corporate filings, annual report filings).
- Coaching and mentoring team members
*This role may include up to 10% of local travel for professional development training* All Locations:
USA-IL-Chicago-South LaSalle StPosted 22 Days AgoFull timeR0009755
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of 4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.