Associate Portfolio Manager or Senior Equity Analyst
What is the opportunity?
RBC Global Asset Management's Chicago-based equity team managing over $3.0 billion of domestic growth equities in both institutional accounts and mutual funds is seeking an Associate Portfolio Manager or Senior Equity Analyst (will find based on experience) to join our team. The position will entail generalist sector coverage to support our Small Cap Growth, SMID Cap Growth and Mid Cap Growth equity strategies. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Research: Analyze and identify high quality small and mid-sized growth stocks as new investment ideas for long-term capital appreciation using a bottom-up process combined with a conservative growth philosophy. Provide continuous maintenance coverage on existing portfolio holdings.
- Portfolio Management: Collaborate with other team members and take advantage of our rigorous approach to portfolio risk management to recommend buy and sell ideas for the client portfolios. Assess individual security risk and prospective drivers of security outperformance, portfolio sector and industry weightings, liquidity constraints and overall portfolio characteristics.
- Communications: Use your natural collaborative skills to represent the team in presentations and client review meetings. Provide verbal and written reports as needed to clients, consultants, prospects, and internal client service personnel, including investment results, portfolio attribution and macroeconomic outlook.
- Marketing: Participate in new business development by presenting the Small Cap Growth, SMID Cap Growth and Mid Cap Growth investment philosophy and process either individually or along with other members of the investment team. Provide marketing support to our distribution and consultant relations teams.
- Other: Have the drive and desire to maintain investment excellence and respond to client needs in a timely manner
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years of investment experience, preferably including experience in researching small to mid-sized growth stocks in a wide variety of sectors and industries and
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field. CPA or CFA designation strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with research tools such as FactSet, William O'Neill and ThomsonOne.
- Highly developed analytical , quantitative , communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation with the ability to learn continuously and work both independently and in a small team environment.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
WMGAM Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .