Business Architect Chicago - 125 S Franklin/en-US/careers/job/Chicago---125-S-Franklin/Business-Architect_REQ-1671/apply
Responsible for developing, promoting, and supporting a comprehensive architectural vision of the data and technologies employed by the Risk Platform team. This role is critical in deriving the greatest value from the data and tools that the team manages. The Business Architect is involved with enterprise risk business analysis, including QRM analysis, and implementation efforts to ensure alignment with the architectural vision as well as addressing corporate goals, application owner expectations, and continuous process improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Independently, develop and maintain a comprehensive business architecture for risk platform and risk applications
- Leverage data analysis as a key element of process improvement and data integrity
- Work in close partnership with QRM, Risk Platform Business Product Owners, Enterprise Architecture, and other IT partners
- Analyze QRM library inputs and outputs, work with Quant analysts on the analysis
- Support the risk platform data lake effort with business modeling for efficiencies for data ingestion, processing, storage and reporting needs.
- Work closely with IT teams to integrate the risk platform with historical data platform and Clearing applications.
- Own canonical data model and analysis for the risk applications
- Clearly articulate architectural vision and ensure all teams full understanding
- Provide insight on risk application data and related topics as needed throughout the organization
- Provide guidance to risk application teams regarding each project efforts alignment with architecture and data
- Serve as a consultant to the business in regards to addressing data pain points and inefficiencies through innovative designs, data analysis, and assessments
- Support the risk platform teams development, expansion, and maturity
- Develop artifacts that effectively translate the architectural vision for technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with IT partners to provide business architecture insight
- Drive outreach efforts to ensure that the architectural vision stays in alignment with business goals and needs
- Identify data needs for intraday, end of the day and historical data inputs, outputs, and intermediate data
- Create Agile/SDLC/technical documentation
- Train and mentor risk platform team members, business users, and other resources on data architecture practices and processes
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
10 - 12 years of experience
- Business analysis experience with data analysis focus
- Working on the QRM and risk management applications
- Business process modeling using relevant tools and technologies
- Data modeling to create conceptual and logical models
- Development experience with Java, Python (intermediate)
- Developing risk application modules
- Experience with stress testing, margins models and methodology
- System and object modeling using industry notations
- Data modeling using relational and object models
- Stakeholder interviews and requirements analysis
- Experience with various software delivery stakeholders (i.e. product owner, business SMEs, architects, development leads, developers, QA, and project managers) to identify effective designs and provide thought leadership and guidance
- Overall support of the delivery team by providing system related documentation and training
- Analysis of complex, multi-tiered applications
- Written and verbal communication
3 - 5 years of experience
- Lead cross functional teams
- Design and modeling gap analysis
- Data analytics
- Interactive and batch reporting tools
- Data warehousing and business intelligence
- Developing software in Cloud
Desired additional experience
- Streaming technology and messaging experience
- Developing software in an Agile (particularly Scrum or Kanban) environment
- REST, SOAP, and API integration
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Reporting tools like SAP Business Objects, Looker
- IDE experience for Java, Python development
- Quality assurance tools
- Java/Python development (intermediate)
- Database development (advanced)
- Business and data modeling
- Quant model and data understanding
- Quant data analysis
- Financial Risk Management terminology (for derivatives)
- Data Integration and reporting tools
Education and/or Experience:
- Business or technology related bachelors degree
- Business analysis experience (5-8 years)
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (5-8 years)
- Experience in project planning and reporting results (5-8 years)
- Experience with Financial Risk Management (3-5 years)
- Familiarity with improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted TodayFull timeREQ-1671
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.