CMBS, Associate Director, Credit Analyst, Surveillance - CHI
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is adding a highly motivated commercial real estate finance professional to manage a portfolio of existing commercial mortgage-backed securities. Successful candidates analyze and develop credit opinions on CMBS transactions, communicate credit opinions to the public and publish research on transactions and industry trends. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and assess credit strengths and risks of commercial real estate properties, and the related loan structures, U.S and Canadian CRE markets, and property cash flow underwriting and valuations.
- Use quantitative skills to analyze loan level and industry trends within an assigned portfolio.
- Analyze credit characteristics of loan and bond structures and be able to recommend any rating changes to committee.
- Communicate rating conclusions to credit committee.
- Publish detailed transaction reports, rating commentaries and research reports.
- Bachelor's degree
- One to 5 years direct experience underwriting, valuing or working out commercial real estate
- Expertise in Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills, including ability to multitask.
- Familiarity with commercial property types.
- Effective communication skills including strong writing ability.
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change.
- Securitization or capital markets experience a plus.
- Loan workout and/or lending experience a plus.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .