Chief Financial Officer
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
A Chicago-based Wealth Management firm is looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to lead our company’s accounting and finance operations. We employ approximately 300 people and are responsible for more than $24 billion in client assets.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of relevant experience in a similarly sized organization. The Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chairman and CEO and will be a member of our executive leadership team. This leader will drive, manage, and report on the financial strength of the company and will be responsible for directing, managing, and overseeing all financial and accounting activities. Additionally, this executive will provide advice and counsel to the senior leaders through teamwork, communication, and collaboration. We are seeking a leader who thrives in a high-growth environment and a fast-paced and results-oriented culture.
- Partner with the executive team to review and develop strategies for the overall financial growth of the company and to evaluate and advise on short and long-range financial planning.
- Manage all aspects of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close and financial statement components of SEC reporting.
- Review and approval of monthly FOCUS report and additional regulatory reports.
- Facilitate annual and other periodic reviews and audits with the company’s internal and external auditors.
- Lead the accounting organization and assume responsibility for all aspects of general ledger, technical accounting, internal and external reporting, revenue recognition, fixed assets, inventory, billing, collections, tax, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and special projects.
- Assist with and properly report M&A and capital-raising transactions.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls and identify opportunities to enhance process and controls to ensure continuing compliance.
- Research technical accounting issues and evaluate new technical accounting developments, ensuring that accounting policies comply with GAAP and recommending appropriate actions.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of P&Ls and other financial reports and provide analysis to highlight appropriate trends and issues.
- Review and approve budgets, financial forecasts, and report variances presented by staff.
- Develop, train, and challenge team members to exceed expectations.
- Partner with management team on strategic business initiatives, including accounting implications for these initiatives.
- Perform financial due diligence and financial evaluations of proposed M&A targets.
- Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure the availability of funds.
- Represent the company with auditors, financial consultants, banks, investment analysts, financial partners, and investors.
- Perform ad hoc financial/data analysis and projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- FINRA Series 27 required
- Experience as CFO in a similarly sized company
- 15+ years of public accounting experience with a progression of increasing responsibility and significant exposure / responsibility for SEC reporting and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, PCAOB, and key accounting concepts
- Substantial experience managing financial audits, FINRA and SEC compliance
- Experience accounting for M&A and capital-raising transactions
- Experience with debt financing/restructuring
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to create polished and streamlined reports
- Strong organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly analytical and solutions-oriented
- Ability to excel in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience performing financial modeling, complex financial analyses, budgeting, and forecasting
- Impeccable integrity, judgement, and professionalism
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability employer.