Client Service Associate
Client Service Associate
Mesirow Financial is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate, and individual clients achieve their objectives. We are proud of Mesirow’s culture of fostering team member engagement, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our positive culture, volunteerism, and opportunity for advancement makes Mesirow one of the few employers to be included in both Chicago Tribune’s Top Places to Work and Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Our advisors provide investment and fiduciary services to individuals, families, corporations, and non-profit organizations. With over $6.1B in assets under management, we have earned a reputation for effectively managing our clients’ needs and goals. Wealth management has been Mesirow Financials’ flagship business for over 80 years, built around our trusted advisors, with an average tenure of over 20 years.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Client Service Associate to work out of our Chicago or Highland Park office to provide high-touch client service and dedicated operational support to a team of highly motivated Financial Advisors and their High Net Worth individual clients.
- Generate client performance reports on Black Diamond.
- Assist with quarterly billing review and reconciling invoices.
- Team phone coverage backup.
- Review activity reports.
- Calendar, birthday card and holiday card mailing.
- Salesforce maintenance.
- Charitable Contributions.
- Fee Waivers.
- Cost basis updates.
- Performing administrative functions for processing client requests, including but not limited to: Letters of Authorization, check writing applications, periodic investment forms, clearing firm operational documents.
- Maintain Away Account Statements.
- Gathering tax information for clients.
- Additional Administrative functions including: Maintaining material events, trade ticket review, mutual fund share class conversion review and non-solicitation letters.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Desire to obtain series licenses preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Excellent proficiency in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Effective and timely management of project multitasking.
- If working out of the Chicago office, traveling to the Highland Park office on a regular basis is required.