Commercial Relationship Manager, Financial, Finance And Insurance Industry
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Commercial Relationship Manager - Non-Bank Financial Institutions Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 2 days ago(2/12/2020 1:12 PM) ID 2020-5452
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
The Relationship Manager’s primary purpose is managing a portfolio of clients with their strategic and daily relationship needs to deliver top-notch customer service. S/he will work closely with the Group Head, Credit and Services teams to execute client requests in an efficient and effective manner. RM collaborates with the Market Lead to increase new relationships of the Bank through a team approach to meet the credit and relationship needs of clients. RM will seek greater penetration of existing relationships through active cross sale of credit and non-credit bank products with the ultimate goal of profitable growth of strategic client relationships.
The Relationship Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following activities.
Primary responsibility for this position will be that of the servicing of current Bank relationships resulting in efficient delivery of credit and other bank services, introduction to cross sale partners and active portfolio management.
- Maintain and develop client relationships, exploring opportunities to provide additional credit and non-credit services. Seek to become trusted advisor through regular client contact and relationship building.
- Serve as Client’s primary internal resource as it relates to relationship and credit needs.
- Identify product/service opportunities for other business units and participates in development of creative solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, and brings in partners when appropriate.
- Interact with other team members (Group Head, Market Lead and Credit) to achieve ultimate approval for new business and modifications to existing business, including active participation in and adherence to requirements of Fit Assessment & Deal Screen meetings.
- Ensure consistency in deal structuring to bridge client needs to appropriate risk mitigation through detailed analysis and underwriting of credit.
- Present deals at Loan Committee and any necessary pre-meetings.
- Coordinate all meetings with the client, including any collateral site visits.
- Collaborate with Market Leader as part of a team to ensure delivery of top-notch client service..
- Complete necessary analysis and documentation to achieve credit actions related to RM’s existing portfolio (e.g., structure, waivers, and modifications).
- Complete portfolio responsibilities including portfolio reviews, renewals, reporting in a timely manner (quarterly and annually), 5, Shared National Credit, CAMP, etc for credits in his/her portfolio. Serve as resource for Group Portfolio Manager in preparation for portfolio review meetings and will actively communicate knowledge of the risk points within portfolio.
- Responsible and accountable for the risk rating accuracy and risk identification on assigned portfolio. Seek to actively keep informed of changes to policy and procedure that will impact portfolio (credit policy, risk rating framework, regulatory, compliance requirements).
- Quarterback to drive deals through the underwriting and closing process.
- Negotiate legal documentation related to transactions.
- Maintain active in industry events to maintain current market knowledge and client relationships.
- Focused on service of existing clients.
- Primarily responsible for the production of detailed underwriting and credit approval documents through quarterly/annual reviews and renewals.
- Collaboration with Client Banking Specialists to fulfill client requests and fulfill due diligence requirements.
Min. 3 years in banking
Experience in underwriting, and portfolio management.
Demonstrate ability to structure deal/term sheet
Ability to produce LP with minimal oversight
- Completion of formal Credit Training
- College Degree / Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics preferred
- Ability to foster and maintain commercial relationships with high level of competency
- Ability to identify risk within credit requests
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced knowledge financial analysis and modeling.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS