Compensation Analyst Location:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
This role will work closely with the Compensation Consultant and administer, maintain and provide analytical/consultative support for compensation plans at William Blair. Leveraging excellent analytical and communication skills to work closely with Human Resource Business Partners and business leaders to support compensation design and delivery for each of the various businesses lines.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide support with other Compensation Team members and the Human Resource Business Partners in consulting with business leaders to inform compensation-related decisions.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing job and pay structures for the various business lines.
- Help with the design and building of compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast/model, report, and/or analyze compensation business outcomes.
- Participate in conducting market compensation analysis, internal equity comparisons, and FLSA evaluations for new and modified jobs. Ensure market benchmarks are maintained for all jobs.
- Administer the designated compensation surveys. With the compensation team, review and interpret survey results. Assist in development of internal communications related to compensation changes.
- Partner with HRIS team and payroll to ensure compensation systems are maintained and reporting related to the annual compensation process is updated accurately and in a timely manner throughout the year.
- Support the compensation team with the firm merit and bonus payout cycle. Collaborate with HRIS team for system, user interface and reporting setups.
- Provide support for any compensation related inquiries.
- Additional responsibilities may be required.
- Bachelors degree required
- CCP, PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Preferred experience in human resources systems, total rewards/compensation, accounting, finance, or banking.
- Experience in providing exceptional service to internal clients. Knowledge of employment laws (FLSA) a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, capable of understanding and analyzing complicated issues.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivots, graphs, etc.) / Access knowledge is preferred. Familiarity with payroll/HRIS systems is preferred (i.e. UltiPro).
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Detail-oriented and able to reprioritize work when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other HR teams and with business leaders.