The job involves working on a team working for Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. This person will contribute to the daily responsibilities through processing corporate actions and dividends for customer accounts. A successful candidate will be a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. You will need to be able to resolve conflict within a short period of time, intellectually curious, intuitive, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, you will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner.
Role and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the daily processing of corporate action/dividend events with internal and external customers across global markets.
· Collect data, process and reconcile events between the administrative books and the prime broker records.
· Establish and maintain strong working relationship with global team members, trading desks, prime brokers, agents, depositories and third party vendors.
· Research and resolve reconciliation items, either cash or stock, relating to corporate actions/dividend processing.
· Remain current on market trends and industry issues/regulations related to corporate actions
· Apply industry, processing and technical knowledge by participating in team projects for new and existing customer base
· Suggest, document and participate in process improvements and automation projects.
· 2+ years of experience in securities operations
· Working knowledge of:
o U.S. financial markets and financial security instruments
o U.S. corporate actions / dividend processing
· Strong proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word (or related software).
· Experience with Bloomberg and DTC PTS terminal or web applications.
· Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills.
· Understanding of basic accounting principles.
· Strong reasoning, organization, planning and leadership abilities
· Ability to be a team player yet comfortable and self-sufficient as an independent worker..
· Experience in self-clearing/broker dealer operations is a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.