Consultant, Product Support,Asset Management
Consultant, Product Support – Asset Management Investment Administration New 📅 80580 Requisition # 📅 2 days ago Post Date
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- A Consultant on the Northern Trust Asset Management Middle Office Product Support team has broad, in-depth knowledge of the business and acts as the first point of reference for day-to-day queries as well as serves as a liaison to related areas.
- Responsible in contributing to maintaining the integrity of the Asset Management Investment Book of Record in support of large institutional investors for over $900B in assets under management.
- Responsible for providing best in class execution of daily product support functions and tasks for complex product types such as Mutual Funds, Trusts, Exchange Traded Funds and Separately Managed Accounts.
- Understand current Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that are directly related to job function(s), ensuring daily deliverables are met accordingly and/or issues are escalated appropriately.
- Understand impact of personal job function(s) on end to end Investment and Portfolio Administration process within Northern Trust, ensuring a risk mitigated and controlled operational environment. Independently build relationships with partners and stakeholders, leveraging subject matter expertise across the organization in the scope of continuous process improvement.
- Focuses on maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures, while building towards becoming an area expert driving continuous process improvement. The Consultant operates under general supervision but works independently most of the time.
- Responsible for providing timely response to queries and finding root cause resolutions to avoid repetitive issues, acting as an escalation point where necessary, in close collaboration across groups and business units within Northern Trust.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to junior level employees. Able to identify opportunities for improvement within existing technology applications while acting as a liaison with partner areas such as transfer agency, custodian, fund accounting, and investment managers to drive change.
- Works on complex, high profile activities and projects involving committees and/or senior management in support strategic goals.
- Works effectively both as a team member as well as an independent self-motivated individual.
- Serve as a resource across the Asset Management Middle Office as and when needed in support of firm initiatives.
- Responsible for understanding the business’ strategic needs and deliverables, aligning subject matter expertise to a changing and growing environment.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A college or university degree and/or 2-4+ years of relevant work experience
- Previous Financial Industry Operations, Asset Management and/or Investment Operations experience a plus
- Previous exposure to business process and/or technology enhancement initiatives
- Previous Client Service experience in a service oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of financial services, asset management and/or investment operations
- Attention to detail
- Works with a sense of urgency
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.