Consultant, Securities Processing
This role is with the Northern Trust Securities, Inc. operations team for processing and resolving complex transactions and functions. The team also serves as a first point of contact for the institutional and wealth brokerage front office and acts as liaison with other brokerage firms, custodians, and depositories. The role will focus on asset movement and cashiering processing; margin, managed account platforms, exchange funds, and restricted stock; or new account client onboarding and maintenance; as well as piloting and testing new products and systems. The focus of this role can change based on the needs of the operations team.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge to interpret policies/procedures and a thorough understanding of industry regulations. Candidate will need to demonstrate sound judgment to know when to escalate possible exceptions to the technical coordinator. Possess excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills. May lead projects and/or train staff. Experience with National Financial Services and/or Envestnet systems is desirable.
Duties can include:
• Processing and approving the following transactions: domestic and international wires; retirement distributions, conversions, free deliveries, DWACs, and DRS.
• Incoming account transfer asset review.
• Initiate and monitor account transfers.
• Establishing new brokerage accounts and updating brokerage accounts as clients’ needs dictate.
• Support front office institutional and retail registered representatives by navigating them through systems and procedures.
• Daily margin call and cash delinquency reporting.
• Managed account transaction processing and account rebalancing.
• System access setup and support.
• Five or more years of related business experience
• Series 7 or 99 required or must obtain within 120 days, pending availability of testing locations
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work within a team environment
• Capable of learning new skills and systems
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.