The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has solid financial statement analysis skills;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
-Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing the credit quality of companies
- Maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Participating alongside senior analysts in meetings with industry management teams;
- Helping senior analysts prepare presentations for internal credit rating committees;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree;
- CFA/CPA or CFA candidate preferred;
- 1 + years of relevant experience
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.