Cyber Defense Response Analyst II
- Not Specified
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 06 Nov 17 2017-11-06
Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you
Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic and the work is unlike any other firm in the business.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Cyber Defense Analyst (Response II) position is responsible for performing validation of escalated security events and performing incident response per established processes and procedures. This includes both performing technical analysis of security issues as well as handling documentation and project management aspects of incident response.
The Responder will lead lower severity incidents, as well as assist with analysis tasks associated with higher severity incidents. Primary Responsibilities:
• Act as lead incident handler for low severity incidents.
• Perform technical analysis of multiple sources of data, including network flows/packet data, host forensic artifacts, and application/system logs.
• Manage incident communications, including establishing/scheduling bridge lines and periodic incident update calls.
• Document incident tasks and updates in the incident management system. Personal Attributes:
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• High level critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into network/security issues and products.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical, management and senior leadership Professional Experience:
• 2-4 Years (Typical)
• Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for information security through course work/degrees completed, self-study, and/or certifications that have been completed. Formal Education & Certifications
• BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems or related work experience
• Certifications such as GSEC, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA (or related knowledge/experience) are desired.