Account Data & Reporting Analyst Areas of Interest:
Accounting & Finance, Investment Management
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily oversight of account maintenance workflow. Ensure accuracy and processing of account/client specific data according to established policies and industry regulations. Proactive communication of relevant account information to internal parties. Follow up and resolve any identified issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain and oversee consistency and completeness of account/client specific data. Perform ongoing data reviews and validation processes to ensure all data being maintained is accurate for downstream needs of Client Service, Marketing, and Operations.
- Assist with the production of complex, high visibility client reports. Ensure firm quality and formatting standards are followed and that reports are produced in an efficient manner.
- Complete various ongoing routine reporting team tasks to ensure all needs are met of both internal and external parties. Assist with the creation of ad hoc reports to meet requests from clients and internal parties.
- Participate in projects related to maintenance of account/client data and client reporting. Serve as key point person for contributing to these areas on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal parties. Stay abreast of emerging trends and market practices. Inform relevant parties, as well as firm leadership of any significant issues or trends as appropriate.
- Identify and implement actionable improvements to current procedures.
- Mentor and assist less experienced staff as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 2-4 years of financial services experience required.
- Direct responsibility for account data and client reporting in a financial services environment preferred.
- Expert quantitative reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
- Strong demonstration of initiative and persistence.
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.
- Delivers clear, effective communication and commits to understanding others.
- Results oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.