> Your Opportunity
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to determine whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Professional Practices Group (PPG) is seeking an Internal Audit Senior Data Analyst. PPG provides the processes, training, and tools to support the enterprise teams alignment to standards and expectations of quality and consistency. PPG also provides the data and analysis of internal audit activities and results to support CSCs governance committees ability to perform effective oversight.
Reporting directly to the Senior Team Manager of Data Analytics, the Senior Data Analyst will join an audit team undergoing transformation to support the continued evolution and maturity of the internal audit function to meet regulatory expectations for a large financial institution.
What you are good at
- Supply to the development and implementation of a data analytics program. Build as well as follow written procedures, standards and training on the execution of data analytics.
- Accountable for the creation of dashboards, tools and operational processes as appropriate:
- Build dashboards and analytics tools for IAD teams.
- Complete incoming requests through intake tool.
- Work with peers to gain understanding of internal systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and performing acceptance testing.
- Manage data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for analysis and discussion.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Coordinate with data owners across the organization to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, perform procedures to validate the completeness and accuracy of data.
- Collaborate with enterprise audit team members to find opportunities to use data analytics to support data profiling to better understand distribution and determine sampling strategies.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance to standards for documentation related to dashboards and tools.
- Conduct training on tools for new employees and address questions.
- Provide feedback team members.
- Identify, design, and develop data analytics code and tools to support requests.
- Work with audit team members to appropriately scope and execute data analytics focused on the most significant and relevant risks.
- Be aware of changes in the business that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require possible changes to tools or dashboards, and associated analytics.
- Build and bring to bear knowledge of the business, regulatory requirements and expectations, industry standard methodologies, and Schwabs strategy to identify where analytics will add value in decision making
- Champion and promote the use of data analytics techniques to internal audit teams to evaluate data sets for trends and anomalies within Internal Audit.
- Provide support, coaching, and feedback to the audit team throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and ongoing support to new team members.
What you have
- 3-5+ years of experience in Financial services performing the following tasks with increasing responsibility:
- ETL (data extraction, transformation, loading),
- data analysis,
- reporting automation, and
- delivering visualization tools.
- Internal audit, financial services, and/or Big 4 Accounting experience is a plus.
- 1-3+ years of experience in the
- design, development, documentation, testing and debugging new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use,
- performance of defect corrections (analysis, design, code), and
- participate in design meetings and collaborating with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interacting with direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge and experience performing data analytics of the following areas:
- Data analytics and management technologies (Tableau, Alteryx, SAS, Python, R, Informatica, Power BI, TeamMate Analytics etc.)
- Database management systems (SQL, Oracle, Teradata, etc.).
- Queries, report writing and communicating findings
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Robotics process automation tools (Ui Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working among a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- CISA preferred. Other applicable certifications will be considered.
- Knows the latest on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies; imparts this knowledge to the team and the auditees.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Uses relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Performance motivated, results-oriented; flexible with changing priorities, high levels of ambiguity, and non-routine issues.
- Ability to connect with highly technical team members and develop training that can be understood by non-technical individuals.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to work with functional subject matter resources.
- Passion for learning. Thrives on collaboration, sharing knowledge, and mentoring others.
- College Degree required.