Institutional Business Development Associate Areas of Interest:
Distribution, Investment Management, Sales
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: William Blair Investment Managements institutional business development team is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with investment consultants and institutional plan sponsors globally. The teams ultimate goal is to help clients and their respective consultants fulfill their investment objectives for their beneficiaries within the confines of their investment policy statements. The dedicated employees in these positions are experienced investment professionals, many with advanced degrees and/or CFAs. They effectively represent our firm and explain our institutional investment capabilities globally to prospective clients and consultants. Job Summary & Responsibilities: Provide support to the Institutional Business Development team throughout the sales cycle. Manage communication and information requests by tailoring responses to specific audiences to best highlight the firms offerings. Assist with the RFP process and with setting up and hosting on-site meetings. Provide input into marketing campaigns and contribute sales ideas to position the firm in a positive manner. Maintain electronic records of internal capabilities and client/prospect data.
- Manage day-to-day communications and requests for information from plan sponsors and investment consultants.
- Write tailored initiation and follow-up correspondence, tailor marketing and communication materials to specific audiences to obtain and improve ratings for key strategies.
- Prepare custom presentation materials for finalist interviews, including competitive analysis and background information to best present the firms investment capabilities.
- Maintain strong working relationships and coordinate with internal investment professionals and marketing support teams to meet the needs of consultants/plan sponsors regarding questionnaires, RFPs/RFIs or ad hoc data information requests.
- Assist in setting up and hosting on-site meetings with prospects and investment consultants as needed.
- Proactively provide input into the development of marketing campaigns and contribute sales ideas to better position investment capabilities, position the firm in a positive manner and educate external audiences about offerings.
- Maintain extensive knowledge and records of all firm products and services, including investment objectives, product differentiators, fee schedules, etc.
- Identify and maintain client/prospect data in relationship management database.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Progress toward MBA and/or CFA highly desirable.
- 2-5 years of experience in asset management or comparable industry (investment consulting, plan sponsor, etc.) required.
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses required or must be obtained within 90 days of start date.
- Understanding of the investment business and the firms products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients / prospects / consultants, management and peers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous projects and tight deadlines.
- Highly professional, organized, accurate and detail oriented.