Digital Media Associate - Chicago
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 04 Sep 18
Digital Media Associate - Chicago
The Digital Media Associate will own the delivery of design (print and digital), photography and video for the marketing department in the Americas. This includes, but is not limited to, digital and print literature, videos, email, photography, video graphics and social media support. Our marketing literature targets consultants, institutions, discretionary asset managers and commercial borrowers - and as such is targeted to each audience. This role reports into the Sr. Marketing Manager in North America and you will work closely with the regional Client Solutions team and Global Marketing team based in London.
Aviva Investors is a global business managing over $482bn in assets with offices spanning 15 countries (as of March 31, 2018). We take a collaborative approach, acting as a single team to bring together the breadth and depth of our resources around the world with our local expertise for the benefit of our clients. We value creativity and empower our investment teams to find and execute great ideas. In-depth research and robust risk management underpin every investment decision we make.
Learn what makes us a different kind of asset manager and how we support our teams to achieve the best work of their careers.
- Translate our messaging into creative, compelling visuals, with a focus on bringing our wide range of marketing materials to life
- Manage the accuracy and provision of branded marketing collateral, emails, merchandise and web pages
- Working with leadership and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production and print while maintaining quality control and adhering to brand standards
- Ensure alignment and workflow with our global design team (London) and brief external creative agencies to produce campaign marketing materials and other creative work as necessary.
- Serve as the main point of contact and manage external brand, print and fulfilment suppliers, ensuring alignment with global standards while meeting regional requirements such as size and budget standards.
- Secure sign-off with key stakeholders in compliance, legal, channel marketing and the wider business; ensuring collateral is up-to-date and adheres to brand guidelines
- Ensure all materials and activities are compliant and aligned with North American financial regulation
- Operate within given budget(s), while seeking opportunities to reduce costs wherever possible
- Graphic design experience, preferably in financial services
- Extensive experience with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects) required, especially with building financial charts, tables and graphs
- Ability to light, film and edit all aspects of video post-production
- Strong attention to detail with excellent quality control management, editing and proof reading skills
- Planning and organization skills, with an ability to meet and manage deadlines and prioritize work
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders to secure input and sign-off while managing expectations
- Experience of briefing design agencies and print and fulfilment suppliers, with a good understanding of the design, print and production process
- A digital understanding, with experience of how to brief content and design changes into web teams
- Able to manage your own deadlines and prioritize work, as well as being a great team player and collaborator
- Up-to-date knowledge of investment markets and products
- Understanding of regulatory knowledge and an understanding that marketing collateral must always be legally and ethically compliant in all channels / regions
- A professional marketing qualification
- Experienced user of Adobe creative suite, in particular InDesign to update marketing and client literature
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours.
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.