Director, Credit Analyst covering Latin America Telecommunications, Media & TechnologyReq
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has a demonstrated understanding of and a keen interest in Latin America, Telecommunications, Media and Technology;
- has a professional background in Latin America capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- has experience in understanding the operating environments in Latin America as well as interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of Latin America and the debt capital markets;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
-Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the assigned sector;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within the Latin America Corporate team, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA preferred;
- 7+ years relevant experience, which must include some coverage or knowledge of the region;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience in Latin America a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be a plus:
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp