Director, Scrum Master
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview:
The Fitch Ratings Chicago Application Development team is responsible for developing Fitch Ratings products, Fitch Ratings website, and several internal applications for Fitch's core rating business, supporting various strategic, regulatory and operational objectives.
We are seeking a Scrum Master (Director) to serve as a chapter lead and coach, and mentor a team of scrum masters within our agile delivery teams. In addition, as a Scrum Master, you will act as a servant-leader for the team and help those outside the team how best to interact with the scrum teams to maximize the value created by the scrum teams. You will partner with the other scrum masters to ensure alignment of our agile practices across multiple scrum teams. Key responsibilities
- Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity
- Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies and monitoring the processes
- Champion the agile framework and ensure consistent standards across the scrum teams
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverable that support business goals
- Identify key KPIs and prepare and present reports on progress and success
- Support increasing team efficiency; Motivate the team and remove impediments
- Apply changes that will ensure quality and timeliness
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming, prioritizing and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Partner with geographically diverse development teams, QA teams in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Finance or Business Management , or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience managing and leading software development and/or digital transformation projects
- 8+ years of experience in Scrum Master/Agile coach role for a software development team and training and mentoring new Agile / Scrum teams and individuals
- 8+ years of experience in Agile techniques such as User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- 8+ years of working experience in various Agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, SAFe
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- Expert in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Critical thinker and team player; Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in managing multiple scrum teams
- In-depth knowledge of Jira, Confluence
- Ability to bring out the best in others and lead by example
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp