Emerging Market Equity Analyst
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 14 Jul 18 2018-07-14
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of managing our clients' finances - we also help our advi
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of managing our clients' finances - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Columbia Threadneedle, a division of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Emerging Market Equity Analyst to be based in the firm's Chicago office. The Emerging Market Equity Analyst is responsible for analyzing and investing client assets in smaller, exchange-listed Emerging Market companies. This role is specifically responsible for coverage of Latin American equities and will also have responsibility for some coverage of Asia, specifically China. Additionally, analysts construct valuation models for stock-listed Emerging Market companies and advise Portfolio Managers on relative attractiveness of individual Emerging Market equities.
* Conduct due diligence on smaller Emerging Market based companies by communicating with industry participants and tracking local trade press for Emerging Markets where the Analyst has coverage responsibilities.
* Model and analyze financials of Emerging Market domiciled companies.
* Construct valuation models for stock-listed Emerging Market companies, oftentimes taking into account valuations implicitly assigned to similar, privately held assets through transactions involving local and other trade buyers.
* Advise portfolio managers on relative attractiveness of individual Emerging Market equities.
* Follow legislative and political developments that may bear on portfolio companies and the macroeconomic environment.
* Identify promising investment themes, and generate specific investment ideas from a universe of smaller Emerging Market companies.
* MBA or relevant MA/MS in a subject that provides skills and context for making successful investments within the U.S. and globally.
* Minimum of 3 years work experience in Emerging Market Equity analysis in investment management, management consulting, corporate finance, private equity or strategy/planning experience within an operating company.
* Experience analyzing Latin American and Chinese Emerging Market Equities.
* Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese.* Demonstrated interest in Emerging Markets economic and political issues proved through work and study experience.
* Excellent quantitative, qualitative and investment management skills.
* Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
* Professional business and investment presence.
* Ability to make decisions under uncertainty.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work well independently and collaborate as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable, and take initiative on one's own.